- Human Resources
Human Resources (Personnel Dept)
Welcome to the City of Athens, Alabama Human Resources Department! This department is a resource for employees and oversees employment with the City of Athens.
Please note: Our office is not affiliated with Limestone County Department of Human Resources. For those services please call 256-216-6380
Employment Application (PDF format only). The application is available to submit online electronically to the email@example.com mailbox. Once you electronically sign the application and all is completed, the application will then automatically send to the human resources mailbox. Resumes can be sent in a separate email to add to your application.
- You must be 18 years or older to apply for all full-time positions.
- Applications are only accepted for open posted positions.
- Temp or part-time positions, applicants must be 16 years or older at the time of application.
- We will not accept any applications for anyone under 16 years old.
Click here to be directed to the current Job Vacancies with the City of Athens.
The City of Athens employs approximately 380 plus full-time employees engaged in:
- City Court Functions
- Financial Administration
- Fire Operations
- Information Technology
- Police Operations
- Public Works
In addition, the City employees 80-100 part-time employees and seasonal temporary personnel.
The Human Resources Department provides a broad range of services to employees, Department Managers, the Mayor and the City Council. Services include but are not limited to:
- Alcohol and Drug Program Compliance and Administration
- Benefits Administration
- Compensation Administration
- Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and Practices
- Organizational Changes
- Personnel Policy and Procedures Administration
- Position Classification Administration
- Regulatory Compliance with various Federal and State laws
- Safety and Worker’s Compensation Programs
- Training and Development
The City of Athens is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or in the provision of services.
The City of Athens participates in the Federal E-Verify Program.