Athens Utilities Customer Accounts
NOTE ABOUT PAYMENTS AND DISCONNECTS
During the week of Jan. 15, 2024, city offices, including Customer Accounts, were closed because of the weather. Customer Accounts suspended disconnects for non-payment and late-fee penalties. The disconnects and late fees will resume starting Jan. 29.
- Signing up new customers
- Preparing and sending utility bills
- Making changes to utility accounts
- Reading meters
- Disconnecting customers
- Taking utility payments
- Processing utility payments
- Athens Utilities Customer Accounts office for new services, change of address, etc. is located at 508 South Jefferson Street in Athens.
- Athens Utilities Customer Accounts payment office will be at 1003 U.S. 72 East (STARTING MAY 8, 2023). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Information on utility bills and payment options
- Customers may get more than one bill. Some get it by mail and emails, and reminders may go out before payment is received.
- Some months may have 28 billing days, while some may have up to 32 billing days. This is based on when meter readers read the meter. The number of billing days is reflected on the bill. The bills with more billing days will be higher.
- Pay by mail by using the return envelope that is included with the bill. Include the payment portion of your bill. You must use a stamp. Please mail in a timely manner to ensure it is received by the due date.
- With bank draft, the bill amount comes out of the customer's account the day before the bill is due. There is no fee for this service. Athens Utilities does not have bank account access. Bank draft only authorizes payment of the monthly utility bill. Link to form
- Bills can be paid online. The vendor that provides this service does charge a $4.50 fee. That fee goes to the vendor. Athens Utilities does not receive this fee. Customer will need account information. This method can be set up for reoccurring payments, or used as a one-time payment. Link to pay online
- Pay by phone by calling 1-855-760-0921. Customer will need account information. The vendor that provides this service does charge a $5.25 fee. That fee goes to the vendor. Athens Utilities does not receive this fee.
- Pay in person at the Customer Accounts Payment Center at 1003 U.S. 72 East. Customer will need current bill. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Offices will be closed on designated City holidays.
- There is an outside kiosk for after-hours payment at the Customer Accounts Office at 508 S. Jefferson Street. This will remain open until a kiosk is installed at the U.S. 72 office. Customer will need account and current billing information to use the kiosk.
- Pay at Citizens Bank in Elkmont and First National Bank in Ardmore. Customer will need to have current bill. Payments must be cash or check. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Avoid falling victim to scammers calling about a utility bill
Athens Utilities periodically receives calls from customers reporting someone is calling them pretending to be Athens Utilities and asking for their credit card information to pay their utility bill.
If you receive a call, do not provide your personal information. If you ever receive a call regarding your utility bill, you can hang up and call Athens Utilities directly at 256-233-8750.
If you give your personal information during one of these calls, please contact Athens Utilities at the above number and Athens Police at 256-233-8700.
Utilities Customer Accounts
508 South Jefferson St
Athens, AL 35611
P.O. Box 1089
Athens, AL 35611
Phone: 256-233-8750Fax: 256-233-8738
8:00am - 4:30pm M-F
This is the office to sign up for new services or a change of address for your service.