- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Disc Golf Course
- Soccer Field
- Swimming Pool
Near I-65 Exit 354.
The Athens Sportsplex is a state of the art facility in a perfect location and has hosted many tournaments and events including:
- Adult Slow Pitch Tournaments
- Baseball Tournaments
- Several Soccer Tournaments
- Some of the Top Disc Golfers in the World
- Swim Meets
- Youth Softball Tournaments
- 6 200-foot baseball/softball fields with dirt infields
- 3 285-foot baseball/softball fields with dirt infields (portable fencing available)
- 2 250-foot baseball/softball fields with dirt infields (portable fencing available)
- 1 300-foot baseball/softball fields with a dirt infield (portable fencing available)
- 2 high school size soccer fields
- 3 40 yard x 80 yard soccer fields
- 18 hole disc golf course
- 6 tennis course
- 2 sand volleyball courts
- 3 flag football fields
- Junior Olympic Swimming Pool
- Kid's Dugout Playground
- Trigreen Trolley (Provides transportation to/from parking lots and fields. Thank you Trigreen of Athens for sponsoring Gators for this program.)
- Youth Spring and Fall Baseball
- Youth Spring and Fall Softball
- Youth Spring and Fall Soccer
- Swim Team
- Adult Men's Softball
- Adult Co-ed Softball
The following facilities are available for rent by the public:
- Baseball fields
- Softball fields
- Soccer fields
Reservations must be made Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Ball field reservations must be reserved 14 days in advance and approved by Director of Parks and Recreation. The city reserves concession rights at all facilities.
Refunds On Deposits
A $300 refundable deposit will be required up front for all ball fields. Deposits will be refunded if the complex is clean and undamaged after inspection by Parks and Recreation staff.
Tournament rate: $300 per field lighted and marked (a minimum of 12 teams and 2 fields).
All requests for reservations are first come first serve and requests will be granted based on availability of area requested for use. The City of Athens Parks and Recreation Department has the right to refuse anyone or any group upon their discretion. All persons or organizations requesting use of the facility will be responsible for setup and clean up of any and all areas used. The deposit must be paid on the date of reservation (14 days prior to event).
Cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Recreation Supervisor at least 48 hours in advance, unless due to an emergency. Refunds will only be issued if the cancellation process is followed. Any person or organization reserving the facility will be held responsible for any and all damages to areas reserved and any special equipment used. Only the Athens Parks and Recreation Department will be allowed to prepare the fields. The tournament schedule will be due by Wednesday evening prior to event and the full payment is due by Friday at 6 p.m. prior to the event.
Sports Facilities Rules
- No pets allowed
- No littering
- No alcohol
- No lewd or inappropriate conduct
- No loitering
- No skateboards, bikes, or scooters etc.
- No tobacco products
- No coolers
- No glass containers
- No curbside parking
- Authorized use of facilities only